Let op; onderstaande teksten zijn in het Engels weergegeven, dit is een kopie van de voorwaarden van de verhuurder.
Mocht u vragen hebben dan kunt u contact met ons opnemen.
We strongly recommend that guests ensure they take out the highest level of Travel Insurance.
Public Liability Insurance
Public Liability Insurance is included in the nightly rental rate. StarRV is insured for damages to third parties and/or their property. The public liability insurance that covers the registered drivers is only up to the statutory limit as stipulated by law of the State you are in at the time. This insurance amount is normally very low.
Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
Optional SLI provides guests with an increased limit of liability protection for 3rd party damage claims up to US$1 million. Pricing available at pick-up.
Standard Liability The guest is responsible up to the amount of US$1,500 for the cost of damage to the rented RV. The guest is also responsible for the cost of demurrage for the period the RV is unavailable due to repairs. The Liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident is reported to StarRV, not at the completion of the rental period. In addition to the Liability an administration fee of US$75 will be charged per claim.
StarRV’s rental charge includes a Standard Liability of US$1,500.
A Bond of US$1,500 will be collected at the time of entering into the Rental Contract. The US$1,500 will be debited to the credit card account immediately. An administration fee of US$30 applies.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) – (Included in the Star Pack)
A US$0 (zero) responsibility applies. This option can be purchased.
- The maximum amount payable for this option per rental is US$800 (40 nights rental).
- The minimum amount payable for this option per rental will be based on the minimum rental period applicable for the particular rental (e.g. 7 nights for rentals during the high season).
CDW protects against:
- Accidental damages
- Windscreen (1 windscreen covered per rental)
- Protection against theft and graffiti
- Protection against uninsured motorists
- Tire damage (2 tires covered per rental)
A Bond of US$500 will be collected at the time of entering into the Rental Contract. This Bond is payable to Apollo by an open signed credit card imprint with an authorization obtained (sufficient funds must be available) for US$500.
For security purposes, only a credit card can be used to provide a Bond. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Bond upon RV collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental RV. The Bond is fully refundable when the RV is returned to the correct location on time, is full of fuel and all other terms of the Rental Contract have been complied with. If there is damage to the RV on its return, the Bond will be used to cover the cost of such damage up to the amount of the relevant Liability. However, if the terms of the Rental Contract are breached and the Bond is insufficient to cover the damage, any extra costs will be charged.
Bond rollovers are permitted for StarRV multi hires only within the same Country when the bond is banked.
At all times the guest is responsible for:
- Damage caused to the RV where the terms of Rental Contract have been breached.
- Damage caused by negligence.
- Damage caused to the RV in any way by part or total water submersion or salt water.
- Damage caused due to a single vehicle roll over.
- Damage caused to the RV by the guest’s willful conduct.
- Damage caused to the RV when using the RV in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
- Damage or loss caused to any personal belongings.
- Damage caused by snow chains.
- Damage caused due to use of incorrect or contaminated fuel.
- Damage to the awning, slide out, overhead or underbody of the RV.
- Damage to tires and windscreens where CDW isn’t purchased.
- Damage caused to the plumbing and water systems of the RV caused by freezing.
- Damages caused by neglecting proper operating procedures, e.g. incorrect fuel type and quality, ignoring oil or coolant levels, air pressure, etc.
- Damages caused by freezing / overheating e.g. unit not winterized, or overheating of RV or systems.